Wealth-X and UBS present
the Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census 2013,
a world first in-depth global study and definitive analysis of the global billionaire population: by region, country, gender, the value of their social graph and philanthropic interests, among others. This is information critical for those in the business of engaging the top-most UHNW tier.
We hope you find this information helpful and valuable.
Wealth-X is the global ultra high net worth (UHNW) prospecting, intelligence and wealth due diligence firm. We work with private banks, leading educational institutions, not-for-profit organisations and luxury brands.
Headquartered in Singapore, the company has offices in Beirut, Budapest, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, London, Lugano, Madrid, Mexico City, Mumbai, New York and Sydney.
Even if you do not register with Wealth-X, we collect Non-Personal information about your use of our Website.
B. Web Beacons
We (or our third party tracking utility company) also use “web beacons” to collect anonymous information about your use of our Website and the websites of selected sponsors and advertisers, and your use of emails, special promotions or newsletters we send to you. Web beacons are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that provide a presence on the web page or email and send back to its home server information from the user’s browser. The information collected by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our Website and selected sponsors’ and advertisers’ sites and opening our emails, and for what purposes. Our web beacons are not used to track your activity outside of our Website or those of our sponsors’. We do not link Non-Personal Information from web beacons to Personal Information without your permission.
C. Traffic Data
We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Website: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers accessing the Website; (4) types of web browsers used to access the Website; (5) referring source which may have sent you to the Website; and (6) other information associated with the interaction of your browser and the Website (collectively “Traffic Data”).
In order for you to access certain areas of the Website, we may require you to register and provide us with certain Personal Information. Personal Information includes Contact Data (such as your e-mail address, phone number and password). We use the Personal Information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you with the specific Services you select and send you emails about Website maintenance and updates. You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such case, you can still access and use much of the Website; however you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Website that require your Personal Information and registration.
B. Email to You
By registering with our Website you agree that we may use your contact data to send you information to contact you when necessary, including registration verification emails, and in conjunction with your use of certain Services. In some cases, when you click on a link or an advertisement in an e-mail, your browser may be momentarily directed to a third party website which, acting on behalf of Wealth-X (see Section 5 below), notes or “counts” your response to the e-mail before re-directing your browser to your selected destination; this re-direction process may not be apparent to you.
C. Market Research
In accordance with Section 3B, we may use your contact data to send you information about Wealth-X or our products or Services, to contact you when necessary and in conjunction with your use of certain Services. We may use your Traffic Data to customise and tailor your experience on the Website, in emails and in other communications displaying content that we think you might be interested in and according to your preferences.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
Under applicable data protection legislation, you have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Information including the right to access, delete and correct the Personal Information we hold about you. You may exercise these rights by contacting us in accordance with Section 10 (below).
If you no longer wish to receive emails [from us], you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each email, or by contacting us:
- By email at: email@example.com;
- By post: Wealth-X Pte. Ltd., 8 Marina Boulevard, #05-02, Marina Bay Financial Centre, Singapore 018981; or
- By phone: +1 877 887 8454#
COPYRIGHT © 2013 WEALTH-X. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The content on the Website, including without limitation the dossiers, text, graphics, software, video and audio content and the like that appear on the Website (the “Website Content”), is owned by or licensed to Wealth-X and is subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights protected by laws and other treaties around the world. Subject to the license granted below, all such rights are reserved by us. In particular, you may not re-post, republish, reproduce or copy the Website Content to other web sites or publicly-accessible documents, or sell, distribute or otherwise exploit the Website Content, without the prior written consent of Wealth-X. To request permission to re-post, republish, reproduce, copy, sell, distribute or otherwise exploit Website Content, please submit your request in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wealth-X has no obligation to grant you permission to re-post, republish, reproduce, copy, sell, distribute or otherwise exploit Website Content.
All of the Wealth-X dossiers, trade marks, service marks and logos are owned by or licensed to Wealth-X and may not be used for any purpose without the prior written consent of Wealth-X.
If you create a user account for the Website, you agree to complete the registration process by providing current, complete, and accurate information as required by Wealth-X. You are responsible for all activities that occur in relation to your account. You agree to notify Wealth-X immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Wealth-X will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge. In addition, you may be held liable for any losses incurred by Wealth-X or any third party due to someone else using your account. You may not use anyone else’s account to gain access to the Website and/or Wealth-X at any time.
1. You shall not disclose confidential information belonging to Wealth-X or other confidential information otherwise obtained by you by virtue of your access to the Website. Only you or the specific individual or entity name listed on any of the Registration Documents is permitted to use and have access to the confidential information, and you (or such other person or entity listed on any of the Registration Documents) shall not copy, modify or otherwise share or disclose any of the confidential information to any other third party without the prior written consent of Wealth-X. For the avoidance of doubt, the foregoing restriction prohibits disclosure by you (or such other person or entity listed on any of the Registration Documents) of any of the confidential information to any of your affiliates (or any affiliate of such other person or entity listed on any of the Registration Documents) without the prior written consent of Wealth-X (such consent not to be unreasonably withheld). The obligations of confidentiality contained in this Section shall not apply to information which: i. is publicly known at the time of disclosure; ii. is already in your possession at the time of disclosure; iii. becomes known to you through disclosure by other sources without such sources violating any confidentiality obligation to Wealth-X; or iv. is independently developed by you without reference to information from Wealth-X or the Website. Notwithstanding anything in this Section, you are not prohibited from disclosing confidential information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
2. You agree not to use any of the Licensed Materials or any part of the data contained therein for the purpose of creating any form of competing list, directory, database, report or service whether for internal or external use, nor may you mass export any of the data obtained as a result of your use of the Website, without written approval from Wealth-X. This Section 4 shall survive termination of your use of the Website.
3. Wealth-X shall not disclose to a third party any confidential and/or sensitive information about your business (including your access of the Website) or about any third party with whom you do business that you disclose to Wealth-X or that becomes known to Wealth-X through your use of the Website (“Client Information”). Wealth-X’s obligations of confidentiality contained herein shall not apply to information which: i. is publicly known at the time of disclosure; ii. is already in our possession at the time of disclosure; iii. becomes known to us through disclosure by other sources without such sources violating any confidentiality obligation to you; or iv. is independently developed by us without reference to information from you. Notwithstanding anything in this Section, Wealth-X is not prohibited from disclosing confidential information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Wealth-X respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe in good faith that any Website Content, or other matter posted on the Website infringes the copyright in a work you own, please contact our designated contact listed below, with correspondence containing the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work allegedly infringed;
- Identifying information reasonably sufficient to allow determination by Wealth-X of the location of the material that is allegedly infringing;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Wealth-X to contact you;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, your notice may not be valid and we reserve the right not to take action until all the requirements are complied with. For any questions regarding this procedure, or to submit a complaint, please contact Wealth-X’s designated contact:
Attn: General Counsel
Wealth-X Pte. Ltd.
8 Marina Boulevard #05-02
Marina Bay Financial Centre
Phone: +65 6832 5169
You assume all risk as to the quality, function, and performance of the Website and Website Content.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, our total cumulative liability to you for any and all claims relating to or arising out of your use of the services or the Website, regardless of the form of action, shall not exceed the total amount of fees, if any, that you paid to use the Website or the services.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, in no event will Wealth-X, nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees, agents, members or managers (collectively, the “Wealth-X Entities”) or any other party who has been involved in the creation, production, distribution, promotion, or marketing of the Website be liable to you or any other party, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for (i) any loss of profits, anticipated savings, business, goodwill or data, in each case whether in the nature of direct or indirect damages, or (ii) any indirect, consequential, special, incidental or exemplary damages or the like, incurred by you or any third party even if the loss(es) were foreseeable or if the Wealth-X Entities or any other party had been advised of the possibility of the same. In addition, while Wealth-X makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the Website Content is accurate, please note that the Website may include technical and factual inaccuracies or typographical errors. Wealth-X has the right at any time to change, modify, correct, add to, discontinue, or retire any aspect or feature of the Website, including, but not limited to, hours of availability, equipment needed for access or use, or the availability of the Website (or any part thereof) on any particular device or communications service. Wealth-X is under no obligation to provide you with any support, error corrections, updates, upgrades, bug fixes, and/or enhancements of the Website.
Although the Website may be available worldwide, you understand and agree that the law of your home jurisdiction may provide protections not provided in Singapore, and that by visiting the Website, you unequivocally and unambiguously agree to submit and adjudicate any disputes which arise out of such use pursuant to the terms and conditions stated in this Choice of Law and Jurisdiction clause.
COPYRIGHT © 2013 WEALTH-X. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.